- This event has passed.
Violence against Women is Violence to Society
22-Nov-2019 @ 16:00 - 17:30Free
Join this event to mark the 2019
UN Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
Come and hear speakers from faith-based, human rights, and civil society organisations, the Queensland Human Rights Commission, and governments, provide their strategies, wisdom and solidarity TO END THIS VIOLENCE.
- Believing Women for a Culture of Peace Inc
- Griffith University Centre for Interfaith and Cultural Dialogue
- Just Peace Inc
- United Nations Association of Australia Qld Inc
- Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom-Australian Section Inc
- Amnesty International Australia Ltd
- and a diversity of faith-based and human rights-based entities
The support of the Office of the Deputy Mayor, Brisbane City Council is acknowledged
SOUTHBANK PARLKLANDS at the steps to Griffith University Queensland Conservatorium (next to the ABC & Big Wheel)
The events listed in this calendar which are not organised by the Queensland Faith Communities Council (QFCC), are not officially endorsed by QFCC, and this information is provided to you merely as a service. The decision to attend these events is entirely up to the individual.
Information about event Organiser's can be found on our Members page (opens in a new window).
QFCC members can submit details for inclusion in the calendar by completing the Member Event Submission Form (form opens in a new window).